rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Sorry" vs. "Excuse me"

"Sorry" vs. "Excuse me"

Quote: (08-30-2014 02:14 PM)zaqan Wrote:  

I have notice that whenever I bump into someone or almost do (mostly at work--I work in a store), I quickly say sorry. I have tried several times to get myself to say "excuse me" instead, but I have been so focused on ensuring customers arent butthurt that I end up being deferential. Sorry is a submissive word. Excuse me is more neutral and pleasant. A few days ago, I bumped into someone and said sorry and then cursed myself and repeatedly said Excuse me for a moment to try to remind myself.

I've noticed that customers are far worse when you say "sorry" rather than almost any other word. The behavior after that word gets mentioned borders on something you see during Shark Week.

I also think some of the behavior I've seen in relation to that word is exactly because it signifies lower status, with all that implies.

I agree with the posters above, better to cut almost all uses of that word out of our vocabulary.

Messages In This Thread