rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Americans fighting in other countries' wars

Americans fighting in other countries' wars

Quote: (08-26-2014 02:22 PM)Sp5 Wrote:  

You can't be stripped of your U.S. citizenship involuntarily, at least for things you do after you become a citizen.

Afroyim v. Rusk, 387 U.S. 253 (1967)

John Demjanjuk was stripped of his citizenship on the ground that the lied on his naturalization application about working for "the Nazi government of Germany."

Quote: (08-26-2014 11:31 AM)Sonsowey Wrote:  

There is a similar law about U.S. government officials not being allowed to have dual-citizenship. The idea is you should be loyal first and only to the United States to serve in its government. Yet the same thing happens where this law is on the books, but not enforced. Notably, the mayor of Chicago, Rahm Emanuel, is an Israeli citizen.

There is no such law. Many people in the US government are dual nationals. I know dual nationals with Top Secret clearances. Granted, they are citizens of friendly countries like Canada, the UK or Ireland, but there is no such law or rule.

Interesting, I guess I heard wrong!

Messages In This Thread