rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

what kinds of natural appetite suppressants do you use?

what kinds of natural appetite suppressants do you use?

Quote: (08-21-2014 01:22 PM)Flyjin Wrote:  

Juices and whey protein drinks help somewhat, but I'll usually still feel hungry 30 minutes later.

Scan through root causes. Rather than ask what can I do to suppress my appetite, ask why am I constantly hungry in the first place?

If you're drinking juices (I assume you mean fruit juices) and whey protein drinks regularly, that would at least partially explain why you're remaining hungry.

Fruit juices are basically all sugar. They spike your insulin, then you crash and in an attempt to even out your blood sugar, your body tells you you're hungry.

Hence the phenomenon of eating a big meal to the point where you're full, then eating dessert and being able to eat more after the dessert.

If we're talking about green drinks, those aren't so bad as long as you're keeping high-sugar veggies to a minimum (carrots, beets, etc).

Whey protein is also insulogenic. Unless you're drinking it with water and nothing else you're also spiking blood sugar. Milk spikes blood sugar big time as well.

I do a fast every few days and what keeps me going is extra virgin coconut oil. I just take a few swigs every hour or two. Then at the end of the 16 hours of fasting I'll slowly eat a meal. Works really well.

Also, you don't necessarily have to NOT eat to drop bodyfat. But you do have to lower carb intake and replace it with healthy fats intake.

If you take just 33% of the rice/bread/pasta/potatoes you eat now and replace them with pastured butter, coconut oil, fatty meats, dark chocolate (85%+) and other quality fats, you'll start to lose fat.

But it can take a while for your body to get used to metabolizing fat after a lifetime of carbs. So a few things you can do to kickstart the process are:

- Icebaths. They suck at first but you get used to them. And they work.

- Intermittent fasting. This frankly is very important. The human animal did not evolve with unrestricted access to food. And fasting is a potent hormetic stressor.

- get Vitamin D levels sorted

Messages In This Thread