rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Quote: (08-18-2014 01:59 PM)xpatplayer Wrote:  

Its merely middle-class and upper-class men and women attention-whoring.

'Look at me, I dumped a bucket of ice on my head for charity!'

Bitch please. I take a cold water shower at 4:30 AM everyday and charity is when your left hand doesn't know that your right hand has given.

I concur.

Like xpatplayer said (and lostawake), this is just narcissism. So in addition to sex selfies, we now have people exploiting terminal illnesses for attention. I'd laugh because it's so absurd and pathetic, but I don't think it's a laughing matter.

From what I've heard your options are to either a.) Get ice water poured on your head or b.) Donate $100 to an ALS charity.

It seems like the overwhelming majority of people are just getting the ice poured on their head, and no one is really donating any money. While they could argue that they are raising awareness for the disease, I doubt most of those kids even know what ALS is.

The saddest part about this is that a few weeks from now this will end abruptly, proving that it's a trend. ALS is not a trend however. It will continue to afflict people until a cure is found. While these teens are having fun pouring buckets of ice on their heads on posting it on social media, someone out there right now is probably being diagnosed with ALS and I don't think any of these people actually give a flying fuck in a few days.

Messages In This Thread