rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Training Muay Thai in Thailand

Training Muay Thai in Thailand

Sure. There are gyms in Pattaya, Krabi, Koh Samui. I'm sure there are plenty of other gyms on other islands too, just do a google search.

Fairtex is in Pattaya and Superpro is in Samui. I know guys who have trained at both and have generally said good things about both. Lots of Swedish tourist chicks in Samui apparently.

---------------------------------------------------------------

My impressions of Phromthep training so far -

This is very similar to Rawai muay thai in that there are a ton of tourists/foreigners and the business has been designed well to both meet their needs as well as crank out a profit. The camp was fairly recently built (past two years or so) so everything is still in good condition. The weight room seems like it was put in no more than 4-6 months ago.

The training is also similar to Rawai.

-Run
-Warmup/Stretch
-3 rounds shadow
-5 rounds hitting bag
-5 rounds on the pads with trainers
-Technique

Everything up to hitting bags is self explanatory. I got some new gloves today (left my other ones in Bangkok like an idiot) and they have been squeezing the life out my hands. I'll be very glad when they are broken in.

The round with the trainer was okay. It was the slowest session I ever had in that I've never hit pads at such a sluggish pace in my life. I was encouraged to hit hard and fast in my last training camp, but here I'm hitting at about 15 percent power and 15 percent speed. I guess they want me to focus on technique in the beginning and figure out where I am before I move on.

It's frustrating to un-learn all the technique I learned at a different camp. I'm being treated like a novice and it's annoying. It's better to have the mindset of a beginner every time you go to a new camp, but I felt like I was being patronized at some points and it was pissing me off.

I was also training on an empty stomach which made me a bit light headed and cranky.

I'm going to be doing a body composition test today and I'll start tracking my physical progression.

I'll say this much - at Phromthep, the conditions are absolutely perfect for me to reach my fitness and business goals. The next two months will be very productive.

Messages In This Thread