rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Marry a foreign girl, where would you go?

Marry a foreign girl, where would you go?

Quote: (08-09-2011 06:16 AM)K-man Wrote:  

Good luck with that. Half the Russian girls I met in DC got their green card by marrying some schmoe and divorced his ass as soon as they got it.

Yes, those cases indeed exist, and I witnessed a few of them myself. However in every such case the value of a girl was significantly higher than a value of a guy. So if an average looking 50yo Joe Schmoe wants to marry a 20yo foreign hottie, it would be extremely naive from him to expect her to stay with him until his death. Why the hell would a 20yo chick want to spend her life with an average dude thirty years older? This is basically the case when both parties use each other by exchanging their value to something of value. In this case the green card is something of value, so as soon as she gets it, her value goes out of his reach.

Quote:Quote:

One girl told me she was solicited by some female lawyer who filed domestic abuse charges so she can divorce before waiting whatever the mandatory period was that you have to stay married before you get a green card.

This makes little sense. USCIS is processing the paperwork so slow that she will only receive her conditional green card after those two years when she could apply for a permanent one. Too much risk for pretty much no obvious benefits.

Quote:Quote:

Another that I banged pawned her engagement ring for $500 that her husband must have paid over $5k for, so she could go to Ocean City for the weekend - with her new boyfriend. And I'm guessing this would not be limited to Russian women only.

Of course it would not. As I said above, this kind of "marriage" is a business deal - a "husband" gets a hottie - on temporary basis, but the one he'd never be able to get otherwise. And she gets her green card. If this is not what you're looking for, then don't get into this kind of deals.

Messages In This Thread