rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

U.S. General Assassinated in Afghanistan

U.S. General Assassinated in Afghanistan

Quote: (08-06-2014 04:20 AM)It_is_my_time Wrote:  

Quote: (08-06-2014 04:15 AM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Quote: (08-06-2014 04:09 AM)SteveMcMahon Wrote:  

So the Afghan adventure is turning out more or less exactly like it did when the British Empire occupied the place in the 19th century, and the Soviets in 1979.

Except the British and the Soviets weren't so deluded as to think they could turn one of the most backward peoples on Earth into a liberal democracy.

USAID even thought - still thinks - it could export feminism to the Afghans. Feminism in Afghanistan would just mean women start shooting at you as well as the men.

Afghanistan is and always will be a total clusterfuck of a country.

And people will always forget history or mistakenly believe it doesn't apply to them.

I've never really understood the point of the Afghan war; the Americans aren't stupid and neither are we…it's just inexplicable.

RIP to the General.

Just another time our govt. lied to us.

After 9/11 we wanted to go bomb the assholes responsible. We could have bombed them into submission, without more than a handful of special forces on the ground, and gotten out in 6 months. And this is what the people wanted.

Had out govt. been honest and said we were going to waste trillions of tax payer dollars to rebuild a nation that has never had organization to start with, and take 13 years doing it. The people would have been strongly opposed to it.

We played right into their hands. I just don't know if it was the terrorists hands, or if they are but the boogie man and we played into the federal banker elite hands by making them billions.

And yet people still buy into more govt. and putting more trust in govt.

Yeah I agree entirely.

What's odd to me is that as a layman I knew what would happen; hell everyone with a smattering of general knowledge knew.

I just refuse to believe that our governments are that irrational…they MUST have known.

So what was the real aim?

Messages In This Thread