rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dude returns to America from Russia

Dude returns to America from Russia

Quote: (04-17-2014 07:43 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

Speaking of the economy tanking and new round of economic sanctions being promised by the puppet Obama are there any forum members on the ground in Russia who can report on the situation?

A follow-up question: is there increased hostility towards Americans, considering that USA is mostly responsible for enacting sanctions and making Putin look like the devil. My dad who does business with Russia and talks to locals everyday mentions that many Russian's (especially older one's) are still surrounded in a glow of euphoria by the "acquisition of Crimea" and share Putin's vision of a grander Russia but what is the outlook of the younger people?

Crimea is essentially Russian, large navy base, made up of a majority of ethnic Russians who are citizens also, as well as most of them having holiday homes in Crimea. The people I spoke to saw Putin as a necessity to the situations which the country is facing.

Cute Western styled democracies focusing on social justice, simply can't understand how hard life has been in Russia ever since the break up. Rationally and completely expectedly, this mirrors what a lot of the population will think.

I knew some loud obnoxious Americans in Moscow and they got on fine. People from the West don't really understand the customs, you will receive subtle hostility from everyone on the street, its just a serious mentality. And foreigners take it personally, bare in mind though, that once you form friendships and relationships, the seriousness dies off and they are valued immensely.

It will be a shame if there is an increased level of xenophobia in Russia because of the sanctions. Although you will always have the violent nationalist elements but they are the minority and an exception to the rule out there.

Middle class Russians, opinions vary on the matter, some are very pro Western and don't want to be left out; I believe this is a reflection of their own desire to do well in the West, which is completely understandable. A lot of these wealthy kids are trained from a young age to be able to engage in the international world of business and everything that comes with it.

Some are able to successfully do both, have Russian pride and want to see a stronger country that doesn't have to lose its identity (In the end of the day, what else does a country with so many problems have). While maintaing strong ties with the international community.

I really can't tell you what the future for business with Russia will entail. RT may be propaganda but they are holding the government line pretty firmly. "We are an independent superpower who is going to avoid the mistakes which the West had made ever since the start of the Cold War".

Messages In This Thread