rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Social Class of Excercise

Social Class of Excercise

Quote: (07-29-2014 10:32 PM)Tytalus Wrote:  

I adored lifting with these men. It was the happiest I had ever been in a gym. A faster runner abandons you; a stronger lifter hangs out, kindly critiques your form, and waits his turn. My strength numbers shot upward, and so did my body weight: 190 pounds, 200, 210, 215. I bought baggy pants and shirts. Walking down the sidewalk, I felt confident. At parties with my wife, I saw men who ran marathons, and they looked gaunt and weak. I could have squashed them.

Just look at those numbers - and the baggy clothes. Dude got fat.

[Image: what-body-do-women-want.jpg]

My guess is he went from skinny fat/chubby fat to somewhere past builtfat. It's entirely possible to lift heavy and have a body type somewhere around ripped/athletic and built but it requires nutritional discipline - which he doesn't mention at all in his article.

Besides that his basic premise is BS. I work out at a classic powerlifting gym and a lot of triathletes come in and lift during their off season. There's no rivalry. Even the few (male) marathoners I know lift heavy when they're not training for a race - it's just part of being a good athlete.

Messages In This Thread