rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Zen Buddhism Discussion

Zen Buddhism Discussion

Quote: (07-28-2014 01:56 AM)Bill Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2014 11:51 PM)theoogabear Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2014 12:06 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I am a student "Zen Buddhism".

However, I do not believe in the "red pill".

They are 2 completely different things in my mind.

elaborate?

i practice Zen doing two zazen sessions a day, and i just feel like that's one path to look into reality. i feel like people who swallow the "red-pill" (speaking figuratively for those who want to know reality) would practice Zen.

There is no reality in the philosophical sense. That´s the most red pill one can get. Every religion and ideology follower thinks he is red pill. Truth is another illusion though a quite interesting one.

I have gone very deep into zen, meditation and contemplation during the past year. I have had several crazy insights. I haven't read anything related to this subject except zen koans which do not tell really anything, everything has come from experience. I wrote these several "intelligence tests of life" from the easiest to the hardest half a year ago:

1. Religion
- Can you see how many religions are out there? And how determined they are by the regions?

2. Culture
- Go travel and figure it out...

3. Self - Other.
- The student says, “Master, please hand me the knife,” and so the master hands it to him blade first. “Please give me the other end,” the student says. “And what would you do with the other end?” replies the master.

4. Reality.
- We are all one.

Let me tell you something. It was only a normal night and was about to go to a sleep. I was laying on my bed and my mind was going through the concepts of time, space and reality... when it suddenly hit me and hit me HARD. I was literally crying but didn't know why: was it sadness or joy? Either I guess. I have realized that time and space are just inside our head. Inside a head which is outside in an external world except all that external world is happening inside the head which is outside but inside. It was thought it was a great accomplishment of Immanuel Kant due to lack of technology and without the idea of Einstein's relativity that the time/space are just illusions inside our head -- how ridiculous when it is mentioned in Tao Te Ching over 25 centuries ago.

I have been a programmer for 10 years and created multiple games. With enough skills and technology I could create this "game" we are in. There would be no distance, no time, just pure code where then several objects would have variables which would give them certain qualities and capabilities. There is no time or space in a video game but a 3D environment can be built from the code. We are basically just 1 which is expanded to everything.

I believe mathematics is the building block of MIND but not the actual reality. That's why when you go beyond your mind, there is nothing but "void" left which they call in zen. Nothingness and emptiness. Satori(a glimpse of awakening) is funny because sometimes you experience EVERYTHING but sometimes you experience absolute NOTHING. It is not void because there is nothing but because the mind has no grasp of it. It is like if you were a programmer, you could create a game with C++ but then inside the game create an additional language which could be vastly similar to the original language but different enough that the languages would be incompatible with each other. What I am basically saying that the actual reality could be constructed with something which constructs the mathematics which then constructs our consciousness.

Just something I think about.

Messages In This Thread