rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dystopian Manospheric Visions & Science

Dystopian Manospheric Visions & Science

You could be right. My knowledge in this specific area of disaster contagion is limited to classes on epidemiology and public health i took back at the uni. I maybe extrapolating too much from solid protocols that epidemiologists use in dealing with disaster.

Nonetheless, why wont data center be war proof? You can simply create time-capsule, buried it deep in different parts of the world and ocean, and stored the data there. with a future retrieval protocol in place.

Even better, you can put the data on multiple nuclear powered orbital satellites and launched it into space, moon, and mars. They can keep transmitting on a repeating loop from there. voyager 1 and 2 satelites were launched into deep space 37 years ago, and they are still transmitting data.

On top of that, Data can be recorded in many different forms apart from electronic records. you can use tiny, microscopic dots on surfaces to store a loads of data. There are some novel works being done where they are trying to store information in a dna format; and a single dna from a single cell in your body is 3million base pairs. that is insane amount of information storage capacity.

Also, losing thousands of files at the IRS or CIA is not the same as complete human knowledge wipe out.

Quote: (07-27-2014 10:01 PM)TravelerKai Wrote:  

You greatly overestimate the effectiveness of Disaster Recovery and Data Loss Prevention procedures within organizations.

You remind me of the CIO that whispers to the IT director when the other executives are not looking. "We are backing all of this shit up right?" "Did you fucking verify the copies yet?"

The internet is more fragile than most realize. Datacenters are not foolproof, maybe small bomb and flood proof, but never war proof. If the Muslims destroyed knowledge before it can happen again.

Recently the US Visa office lost thousands of applications. People received notices that they would have to start all over again or get delayed. One year before that, the USICS office did the same thing, except the records were on paper and a leaking pipe ruined them.

I have more thoughts as well. I need more time to finish reading through some of the information. I would like to ask questions about the genetic process. I understand that the rats can benefit from these but I do not understand science well enough to fully understand how a human body can absorb and benefit in the exact same way.

A year from now you will wish you had started today.....May fortune favours the bold.

Messages In This Thread