rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chick Tweets selfie taken at Auschwitz

Chick Tweets selfie taken at Auschwitz

Quote: (07-23-2014 12:29 AM)HawkWrites Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 12:17 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 12:10 AM)HawkWrites Wrote:  

Quote: (07-23-2014 12:07 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (07-22-2014 11:54 PM)Truth Teller Wrote:  

As a Jew with relatives who died in the Holocaust, I can't even begin to express how angry this makes me.

It's disgusting how self-centered people of my generation are. At least a million people died in that fucking camp, and all that little bitch can do is take a fucking selfie.

It's like Bieber hoping that Anne Frank would be a "belieber." WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

As a Jew with a similar situation I say to you: relax.

Do you really think some random little girl would take a picture like that if she understood the implications?

As a Jew myself, yes she would. Except she would phrase it in the "it's totes for Instagram so the world can see where I'm, like... visiting!" context.

People take pictures in front of the Colosseum, a place of terrible atrocities as well, like that all the time. What's the difference? I think she's probably just a dumb girl who is un-aware of PC stuff. Either that, or a very sophisticated internet troll.

I don't see why the internet is freaking out over that.

Keep in mind that we are all probably evolved from millions of generations of killers. Let's not white wash our evolution. Think about all the people that were killed out of cold blood so that we could be alive right now.

I'm not saying the holocaust was nothing, but the truth is that mankind has been committing genocides for a long time. There are monuments that were involved with that kind of thing which are now tourist attractions that span many hundreds of years.

I'd bet $100 that this girl didn't really even care about where she was. She was probably just happy to be in Europe away from her parents and slutting it up. I think the problem is that we as a people are losing touch with our roots.

I think the real reason people are mad is because this incident reminds a lot of them that they are getting old. That the events and things they cared about might not matter to as much to a new generation as it did to them.

I don't see any inkling of Internet troll sophistication in her. I see someone who went to what she considers a "landmark" and a "historical place" without understanding the gravity behind why such a place was marked with a designation such as those.

I agree.

I have a friend who just came back from vacation in Greece. I asked if they had seen the ruins.

"Nope. Just hung out in the hotel. If you've seen one ruins, you've seen them all."

I thought that was interesting.

I also have a friend who celebrated July forth at the battlefield in Gettysburg. I asked if they did the fireworks there, and they said something along the lines of "that would have been in appropriate"

All of this stuff is relevant, but it's more or less so depending on who's still got a connection to each event.

They are great, often terrible, historical events.

I do think this picture is egregious, but I also think that if people are going to make a big deal about it, then they should also make a big deal about all those other places of atrocity that people take selfies at, like the Aztec ruins. I haven't seen as much commotion from people in central America over something like this- I don't know, maybe they should be mad as well:

And what about Hitler Cats http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/cg...igmiaow.pl ?

To me, this is all just a sign of civilization makes a lot of trash out of everything.. even things that are important. It's the way we make light of all the crazy shit that doesn't make sense to us.

Messages In This Thread