rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thailand - short data sheet and impressions

Thailand - short data sheet and impressions

Quote: (08-04-2011 01:33 PM)Entropy4 Wrote:  

I think you over-estimate the usefulness and power of money Neil. I did the whole budget/backpacker thing a few years ago and was in a similar situation as you... cheap hostel rooms, counting money to buy beers, not able to go to expensive clubs. I got laid pretty regularly too.

* Glad i meet a fellow poor ass backpacker on this forum *

Now I'm doing pretty well financially and traveling much better, and strangely enough, it hasn't really affect my results much at all. I can't say I get laid any more for reasons directly relating to money. A few reasons indirect reasons sure help (nicer clothes, money for cabs, apartments in city center, etc.). But the only difference I notice now is that girls I bang are more apt to want to be my girlfriend than before. They usually want to stick around. Which is either good/bad depending on the girl.

Money's not an aphrodisiac. But it sure as shit can make a girl cling to you.

* I have a huge clinging problem, the girls always want to stay with me all the time, i have to open a topic about that soon *

Quote: (08-04-2011 02:58 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Neil,
I love your blog and enjoy reading your posts. However, with all respect due man, if you're 35 and can barely afford your own drinks in Thailand and are sleeping in cheap hostels and where 20 bucks a night is "fucking expensive", then the only sound advice I or anyone can give you is take some time off from travel, make some cash, build a solid foundation for yourself, even building an online biz in the process to make your travelling sustainable. The last thing you want is to be 40, totally broke and having to go home, living with your parents and take on a job flipping burgers or sitting in a call centre. It ain't fun and that 's the kind of stuff that will make a guy want to commit suicide or kill others or some other stupid shit. So be wiser with your time man. Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to be condescending or arrogant or snobbish.

* In Asia i stayed in hotels only, but very cheap ones, i only stayed in hostels in very expensive place like Singapore. You can get a room in most South east Asian countries for between 3 and 12 dollar. I'm in South America now and have trouble finding a decent room under 10 dollars in countries like Bolivia and Peru, pisses me off because im running out of money fast. I'll have to resort to couch surfing in Brazil maybe.

When i return home will have spent around 50000 dollars just on traveling , that sounds like a lot but its not much because i have to make it last for 2 years and 8 months while traveling to 40something countries and going out a lot. When i have a girl in poor countries i have to pay for her also ( meals, not for sex or bullshit things), i have to take double rooms/two bed room when i stay with a girl, cost more also.

I will be broke as fuck when i return home, have to live with my parents for a while. I will focus on my website a lot and try to write a book about my adventures

The thing i wrote about not having money for drinks is wrong, i had expensive countries in mind when i wrote that, not Asia. My bad !
Even in "poor" countries like Peru a cocktail costs 5 to 7 dollars, so i dont like to spent that money on girls drinks.

Haha, not about to kill someone any time soon, i will focus on more travel or living cheap in the Philippines. I know the perfect place for that.

All right i'm off to the beach now.

Grtz Neil

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Messages In This Thread