rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dynamic stretching

Dynamic stretching

Quote: (07-16-2014 12:25 PM)anonymous123 Wrote:  

I didn't misunderstand your post. Most people that use this do it prior to doing crossfit. Most people that learn this will learn it from a crossfit box. If you are using dynamic stretching before you lift and have never touched crossfit in your life, then you are in the 10% that have stumbled across this while remaining unexposed to the crossfit cult.

But, in 90% of all cases, your exposure to dynamic stretching would be through crossfit.

Sort of like the "Sumo Deadlift High Pull" or ("SDHP"). I guess one could hear about it on their own...but, I had been lifting for over 20 years and never heard of it before "joining a box".

So, rock out with your dynamic stretching, that isn't the problem. Jumping up and down on a box like a retard or doing Over Head Squats for whatever stupid reason...that is the problem.

My post is for two reasons: 1) calling out a correlation between dynamic stretching and the xfit cult, and 2) sending out a warning to the young or new to xfit that their method of training doesn't produce results at best, and can severely harm you at worst.

Ah, I see. No, never tried crossfit, I've always been happy with my customized Stronglifts program. 3x/week heavy compounds, a set of sprints every 7-10 days, and lots of walking in between.

Messages In This Thread