rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Inside New York’s new playpen for millionaires

Inside New York’s new playpen for millionaires

I can confirm this. Look at it this way, most wealthy people are pretty low key. You don't notice them. The few that are into obvious shows of wealth really stick out. Most of the people I've met that "seem" rich are living month to month.

Quote: (07-09-2014 04:41 PM)xpatplayer Wrote:  

Quote: (07-09-2014 03:52 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Some rich folks dont really care because they dont have to prove anything.

This guy has 2 motel budings in hollywood and west hollywood, has a house in hollywood hills (probably more, who knows) he is a jew and maybe in his 40s.
He drives e36 bmw (the one i bought when i was in college, 10 years ago because it was cheapest bimmer i could have) and dresses like one of maintenance people.

When i realized he was the owner, i had a respect for him.
Would he care if i would think of him as some average joe?

i dont respect those rich folks (usually entertainment, athlethes) who have money but spend it in a trashy way. (Eg: dropping $$$ on ghetto riders, obnoxious jewerlies, making rain in front of hoodrat strippers)

Completely true. The richest people I know (a billionaire and a couple 100s millionaire families) don't flaunt it. They have better than average cars, huge but outwardly unremarkable homes and send their kids to the best universities they could get into.

In my experience, its always been musicians, athletes and criminals who've spent conspicuously. People who have a high income for only a few years spend the most. The real rich, however, try to hide their wealth. When you're worth a billion dollars, you have enough self-appreciation to care about what everyone and their family thinks about you.

Messages In This Thread