rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What Are Your Opinions On Approaches To Policing?

What Are Your Opinions On Approaches To Policing?

I was once pulled over doing an illegal driving maneuver in LA and I spent a couple of minutes talking to an LAPD guy about UK vs US cops. I told him that the UK cops don’t carry guns and he was surprised. He said that the LAPD see themselves as soldiers in the frontline in a war. I think British policing is supposed to more community based.

Quote: (07-03-2014 02:32 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

My approach to policing is one where they could be replaced by robots. I love red light and speed cameras...no fuckery, just empirical evidence that you were breaking the law and thats that. None of this pulling over hot girls to pick them up, fucking chicks in the car while on duty, bribery (I know a cop that would pull someone over at lunch time and let them buy him lunch to get out of a ticket) or sleeping on the job (again, we used to start field work at sunrise...which comes at 4am in the far north in summer and we'd honk the horn to wake up the cop in the cruiser who would snooze in our vehicle pool lot)

Court is supposed to be where reason and the circumstances at hand are argued, not at the side of the road, off the record, with some racist dick thats mad at the world because he never made it to the NHL (canadian cops).

Police support the pussy pass and stereotype everybody else so unless I'm a good looking white girl I'm going to be in favor of any policing strategy the involves less human involvement. ED 209's "You have 20 seconds to comply" is fine in my books

In the UK there’s speed cameras everywhere and it’s a fucking pain in the arse. Thank god there doesn’t seem to be many in LA. Some of them are there just generate revenue for the cops. They make sense in a built up area, but why should they give a shit if some guy is going at 80mph on an empty road in the middle of nowehere? Who is he harming?

Messages In This Thread