rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where oh where in China

Where oh where in China

Current situation
I am in Guangzhou now. I still don't have a clear idea of the best city to be and I hate being on the road when I don't necessarily have to and paying extra fares so I just went to the closest city to where I flew in (HK). It seemed right next to HK on the map but it actually took a 3-hour ride here. There is the added benefit of being close to other SE Asian countries and to HK in case I need to fly quickly and cheaply.

Rent
How is Guangzhou rent by the way? Is it much more expensive than smaller cities? I see some offers of Y2000 for a room which sounds OK. I might just stick around here for a while and try to find an apartment/room for under Y2000, maybe someone is subleasing, that would be perfect, but I'd need it on a monthly basis which may be more of a challenge.

Weather
The weather is pretty nasty though, it's hot and humid. It also rains quite often. There seem to be quite a few foreigners around, mostly it seems they are traders / businessmen from what I saw which might be a detriment (that foreigners are not as much of a novelty around here). But the enormous amount of people might justify this inconvenience if you run the numbers game approaching.

Visa issue
My biggest problem right now is the visa. I just have a one-month tourist visa and will have to either figure out a way to extend it (is it possible?) or I need a hook-up with someone who could arrange a 6-month of a year-long (preferably multi-entry) visa without paying something entirely ridiculous for it. If someone has a hook-up for a visa please let me know.

Messages In This Thread