rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Roosh V PT/Physiotherapy Thread

The Roosh V PT/Physiotherapy Thread

Quote: (06-13-2014 05:34 AM)void Wrote:  

Quote: (06-13-2014 01:36 AM)Prophylaxis Wrote:  

Quote: (06-09-2014 06:20 AM)void Wrote:  

Hi Prophylaxis and anyone who can chime in on this,

Body Chart: Right shoulder
Mechanism of injury: Heavy and very fast hit sideways on my stiff and extend right arm 3 days ago. If I wasn't as trained as I am, it probably would have dislocated the shoulder.
Aggravating factors: There is no pain or swelling, (I don't feel pain with joint injuries *experience*). Feels a little bit unstable. The arm/hand tingles sometimes as if it goes numb.
Easing factors: Could I have injured the rotator cuff/ligaments/nervs, with this accident.

Hey void,

Do you mind going over exactly what happened more specifically.

What movement occurred, and what sport were you playing?
I operated a heavy machine and tried to push something with my extended arm when it got jacked sideways. no big movement, only a few inches.

When do you notice the tingling/numbness?
It went away and was random, no specific stance of my arm.

Have you previously had a dislocated or subluxed (partially discloated shoulder)?
No

Do you avoid any movements or exercises since the incident a few days ago?
I have no pain, put I felt something was little bit off and built myself a shoulder sling and wore it for 3 days. It starts to feel normal again.

Do you have any neck pain?
No
I consulted a physical therapist friend and he said it probably is some micro muscle ruptures.
I will pause my workout for this week.

Thanks for that void.

I'd say there's a good chance you have some underlying shoulder instability from the incident. Especially since you had a fully loaded arm and it got shifted. Tingling as well can be due to the nerves around the shoulder being irritated from the event.

I think certainly there's a possibility that the ligaments and static structures around the shoulder could have been slightly stretched from the incident.

In the meantime (for the next week) I would only perform gentle rotator cuff strengthening and avoid any heavy lifting with the shoulder, until the pain completely subsides and things start to feel more steady.

Perform some isometric holds below to ensure the rotator cuff are being kept active, to help stabilise the shoulder. Hold these for 15secs and 10 reps, X3 a day.

(The first one is external rotation - gently using your wrist for resistance and rotating the arm 'out')
[Image: shoulder_er2.jpg]

(The second one is squeezing a pillow in between your arm and body - adduction)
[Image: Shoulder-Adduction-Isometric.jpg]

These shouldn't cause any pain, so let me know how you go!

Prophylaxis

If you're not growing, you're dying.

Messages In This Thread