rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

elabayarde(two Americans) in the UK and ireland

elabayarde(two Americans) in the UK and ireland

Quote: (06-09-2014 12:50 AM)elabayarde Wrote:  

The 17th - 22nd of June. We should be in Ireland. If any of u guys wanna meet up, that would be cool also. We land in the UK on the 16th. Probably fly lhr to dub... But that part is completely flexible. What's going on around that time?

Alright I focus on hitting the west coast from Galway to Cork. Best bang for your book and most scenic/authentic part of Ireland in my opinion.

Definitely rent a car. Something small and cheap since it won't matter too much, just for getting around.

If you are flying into Dublin then stay your first night near the Temple Bar area. This is a solid area for drinking and probably Irelands best known area for nightlife.

Get up hungover the next morning, get yourself an all Irish breakfast and make the drive to Galway. Stay close to the Spanish Arch or Eyre Square. The place I would recommend drinking at in Galway is the Roisin Dubh. http://www.roisindubh.net/

Its an epic bar with lots of Spanish, French and American tourists on tour. Plus plenty of Irish girls. Its a trad bar (more old school Ireland) but always has a great crowd and live music. I have pulled here nearly everytime I have gone, sometimes more then one girl per night.

Maybe do two days in Galway if ya like the vibe. A drive out to Connemara, about 1 hour west, is worth it for cool scenery and to visit 'the bog'.

Next day take a drive down to Doolin and Lahinch. This is one of Irelands best surf towns and has pretty wild nightlife on the right weekend. Just walk the one main street and find where 'the session' (drinking) is good. Good place for some cheap surf rentals too which makes for a good story.

Id skip Limerick, but if you decide to do it check out Costellos and the Wicked Chicken. In fact if you decide to go here PM me and my brother might be able to meet up with ye. He has some great connections in the city for nightlife and places to stay.

From Limerick/Clare you can drive down to Cork city/Killarney/Killkenny. They all have great nightlife over the weekend and are good party spots.

If you want to Skype me get in touch as I will be able to give you better advice by talking to you.

Let me know what your plans turn out to be and Ill give you more detailed info. Galway, Cork and Kerry are the parts I recommend the most though for the combination of nightlife/scenery/old school Ireland madness.

Chat to everyone you meet and tell them you are looking for the real Irish experience. The locals will love that and make sure you have a great time. Plus buying someone a pint gets you a friend for life (for guys not girls haha).

Messages In This Thread