rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I have no control over my time. This has to end.

I have no control over my time. This has to end.

I can get very lazy sometimes, and here's what really helps me. Write down 3-5 categories each with 1 or two important goals for the day:

Today's Date
Personal: mail package to joe
Fitness: run long, stretch, go to bed by 10pm
Work: finish spreadsheet x, start presentation y
Career: update resume and send to z
Lessons learned: maintain frame

It's a to-do list which takes 5 minutes to create over morning coffee. I make it on a notes app on my computer that I check every day. Don't put down too much or it may look overwhelming. If I don't get to a task, no big deal (usually). If I'm done early or have time for more, I look at previous days to see if something didn't get done or for ideas on new tasks. Over the course of the day I'll check it a few times.

Over many days you can see what is important to you and what isn't. "Wow, I'm skipping lots of workouts, why?" or "I hate x and should think about changing to y"

Twice a year my boss makes me writeup accomplishments and goals. The work/career portions remind me what I did, and my writeups are TONS better than they used to be and have resulted in advancement, since my peers don't put similar effort into this task.

You can adapt the categories to school:

Today's date
Math - read chapter x
Biology - study for quiz on friday
Lit - read book y
Fitness - upper body workout, go to bed by x
Relax - visit store, go for a hike, whatever floats your boat

Good luck and let us know how you do with whatever you try.

Messages In This Thread