rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

World's Strongest Man

World's Strongest Man

West African blacks definitely have an adventage in explosiveness over whites. I'm agnostic as to whether whites are "stronger" than blacks, as white dominance of niche competitions like Strongman is almost certainly affected by relative participation rates, similar to the situation with hockey.

What I will say is I believe whites are more "balanced." Everything comes with a tradeoff, and the west African specialization for short bursts of speed and explosiveness leaves them very unsuited for endurance pursuits. Conversely, East Africans may dominate long distance running but it comes at the expense of very limited explosiveness. I know that sounds a tad too cute, but look at Olympic track and field. West African blacks dominate all the sprints: 100m, 200m, and 400m. The 800m is a bastard child that is neither a sprint nor a "distance" run, and whites dominate. The East Africans (and sometimes the odd North African) win everything longer than the 800.

On a separate nore, blacks do not "age slower" than whites. Externally, their pigmentation helps protect their skin from sun damage and premature aging, and dark skin tends to hide imperfections better than white skin in any case. So blacks tend to maintain a youthful appearance longer. But under the hood, so to speak, blacks are far more predisposed to many kinds of cancer, cardiovascular problems, and diabetes, and tend to die earlier as a result. With that said, it's a tradeoff I'd be willing to make. A 50+ year old black dude who keeps himself in epic shape can still pass for a "not old" guy. If you're not black, by the time you're in your 50's the best you can do is "really fit old guy."

Messages In This Thread