rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere

Wikipedia just published its article on the manosphere

Quote: (06-02-2014 09:07 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

The outright women hating is disgusting. There was a thread on a forum that shall remain nameless where some girls went to a bachelorette party. Due to a freak accident, they died after their car caught fire.

It wasn't their fault (there was no "comedic justice" or anything like that) and yet a lot of guys thought it was funny that some women burned alive.

I oppose feminism but do not embrace the bitter, woman-hating aspect that is prevalent in the manosphere. There's nothing cool about people being burned alive.

I think the implication that "woman hating" is prevalent here is both inaccurate and dangerous. The final words on the bachelorette thread, that you used as an example, made it clear that no one was celebrating those women's deaths. I'm not defending every shitty commenter on every manosphere article or the occasional angry post around here, but RVF and ROK are clean by and large--cleaner, I've venture to guess, than Youtube and mainstream media comment sections. Guys commiserate on women's shitty behaviors and horrible trends in society, yes, but the kind of PUAHAte/Elliot Rodger hatred generally results in a line through a person's name within minutes around here. The difference is stark.

Mike, I understand you have some legitimate personal beefs with the manosphere, but to even speak Elliot Rodger and the manosphere in the same breath--and you've done much more than that--smacks of the kind of reductionist tripe we were getting from our most problematic critics.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Messages In This Thread