rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it impossible to make YOU angry?

Is it impossible to make YOU angry?

Ha, I get angry every day. I don't act on it by shouting or yelling or threatening anyone, but I feel it inside. How do people not get angry, this day in age with all the self-absorbed, inconsiderate people all over? It's interesting, as the serious stuff doesn't make me angry. If it's a serious situation, anger distracts from coming up with a solution. But small things? Hell yes I get mad. But, I usually say something when it happens.

A few examples:

If I'm in line somewhere, a bank, getting food, whatever, and some self-absorbed woman decides a perfect time to start talking on her cell phone in a loud manner is when she's standing two feet behind me in line, I say something. I don't express anger, just something along the lines of "wow, you've got to be pretty socially clueless to think everyone standing here wants to hear your conversation".

If I'm in the gym and some tool is sitting there texting on a machine I want to use, I walk up and say "you really expect me to just stand here and wait for you to finish texting your BF(yeah, I say this to guys) so I can continue my workout?". They usually get the message.

If I'm grocery shopping and some aloof lady has her shopping cart sideways, blocking an aisle, which happens all the time for some reason, I politely tell her how inconsiderate she is and it wouldn't hurt her to be more aware of her surroundings.

If someone is chewing like they grew up in a barn and it's loud and disgusting enough you can hear it 25ft away, I say something.

If some idiot is holding up traffic as he/she is talking/texting with their phone, I honk and flip them off.

No wonder some label me an asshole. I have no problem being an asshole though. Yeah I get into arguments every now and then, but really not all that often, surprisingly. I think it's because nowadays people are so used to people not being willing to call them out on their shit and say something, they're almost shocked when I do call them out on it. And I do. All the time. What bothers me are inconsiderate people. And there's more of them now than ever, while there's also fewer men than ever willing to stand up and call these self-absorbed idiots out on it.

Probably goes back to my childhood, my never give an inch attitude. I was the small kid, always got picked on, beaten up, embarrassed, that type of thing but then I grew, and then I took up sports and hit the weights. I quickly learned as a teen to not give and inch as if you do, people will take a mile. It's stuck with me. Sometimes to a fault but people always know how I feel and where I stand. I prefer that than being taken advantage of. And, I consider some self-absorbed woman yelling into her phone in the middle of a bank line to be taking advantage of both myself and other customers, so I say something.

I hate how oblivious to our surroundings technology has made many people. You want to text? Great. But do that shit while walking slowly in front of me on the sidewalk and I'm going to walk right through you like you don't exist. I hope you drop your phone and your screen cracks.

Maybe it's the curse of being a Leo. I don't take crap from anyone. But, most who know me consider me to be extremely nice and always willing to help.

Messages In This Thread