rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Quote: (06-01-2014 06:45 PM)dogcynic Wrote:  

Quote: (06-01-2014 12:17 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (05-31-2014 06:44 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Laureles/Estadio is a bit far from Lleras, Barrio Colombia, and all the good spots. Kinda shady if you ask me. I've been there with some friends who live in that area. Most of them are wealthy. Ironic.

I always stay at an apartment in Alejandria, very close to oviedo. I've been more than 6 times in the last year. Already have a social circle there and all.

Where did you book the apartment? I've used Medellín Corporate Stays. Nothing but good experiences with them.

I'm back in the USA now for a bit, but i usually use airbnb. I've never had an issue in Laureles. In fact, many people I know like it because everything is about half the price of Poblado and the vibe is more of an authentic feel. There are other areas I like as well outside of Poblado.

Some folks like the Parque Llaras scene. I can do that sometimes but I like to get away from the high prices, tourist traps and places where I tend to run into gringos. It seems like many gringos start out in Poblado and then branch out.

Hey I just posted a thread asking for advice on Colombia. If you (or anyone in this thread) has lived there longer-term...do you know the price /month of an apt. in Medellin, in a decent area? A modest studio in Poblado for example? What about other cities in Colombia. I want to stay a few months and am having some trouble finding precise info. on this.

I found a very modest, furnished studio just a couple of blocks from Parque Lleras on Calle 36 near Domino's for $325 a month, and later an unfurnished 3 bedrooom/2 bath in Manila (still Poblado, just lower, near the metro station) for $400. I found both of these by walking the streets and having a local girl call rental numbers for prices. These would be pretty rock-bottom I think, but prices would start from there and go up. $500 a month might be more realistic for something decent and furnished these days. Manizales is probably 20% cheaper than Medellin across the board, and Barranquilla is just as expensive, I can't tell you about anywhere else.

Messages In This Thread