rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jeopardy nerd Arthur Chu Shames Nerds and Game, Basically Says Give Up

Jeopardy nerd Arthur Chu Shames Nerds and Game, Basically Says Give Up

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...nerds.html

This is the first time I've read an article that simultaneously shames beta male behavior AND shames self improvement.

Starts off okay with an indictment of the nerd fantasy: one day, hot women will realize nerdy men are hot, and will just fall into their laps:

Quote:Quote:

We (male) nerds grow up force-fed this script. Lusting after women “out of our league” was what we did. And those unattainable hot girls would always inevitably reject us because they didn’t understand our intellectual interest in science fiction and comic books and would instead date asshole jocks. This was inevitable, and our only hope was to be unyieldingly persistent until we “earned” a chance with these women by “being there” for them until they saw the error of their ways.

Then he brings up a classic scene from Revenge of The Nerds, where the protagonist sleeps with a sorority girl wearing a mask, tricking her into thinking she's boffing her bf.

Classic nerd fantasy, right? Immensely attractive to the young male audience who saw it. And a stock trope, the “bed trick,” that many of the nerds watching probably knew dates back to the legend of King Arthur.

It’s also, you know, rape.

Can't disagree with him. Tricking a girl to bed is an exercise in futility. Do you want to be a con artist who sells one lemon, or a master car dealer that sells a guy 10 cars over his lifetime? At this point I assumed he would at least make a plea for self improvement: No mention of all. The only thing related to game in the whole article is one sentence badmouthing PUAs:

Do they buy into the “pickup artist” snake oil—started by nerdy guys, for nerdy guys—filled with techniques to manipulate, pressure and in some cases outright assault women to get what they want?

*NOTE-This line includes a link to a Jezebel article. 'Nuff said.

Chu then spends a few paragraphs shaming nerds for being nerdy and awkward, again offering no ideas on how to be less awkward.

So, a question, to my fellow male nerds:

What the fuck is wrong with us?

How much longer are we going to be in denial that there’s a thing called “rape culture” and we ought to do something about it?

Look out David Futrelle! There's a new supplicator in the making!

Chu then finishes it off with this gem:

What did Elliot Rodger need? He didn’t need to get laid. None of us nerdy frustrated guys need to get laid. When I was an asshole with rants full of self-pity and entitlement, getting laid would not have helped me.

He needed to grow up.

We all do.

Conclusion: Us nerds should be ashamed for being awkward with women. But, we shouldn't try to improve either-that's trickery and manipulation, endemic of the evil rape culture. Since we all have the original sin of maleness, we should atone for our sins by being celibate, because nothings more mature than a 35 year old virgin [Image: dodgy.gif]

Messages In This Thread