rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you could be fluent in only 5 languages (including Eng.) which would you choose?

If you could be fluent in only 5 languages (including Eng.) which would you choose?

Glad to see this has been a popular thread and got some discussions going, exactly what I wanted for something fun.

For those just joining us, I would point you to Espresso's great summary and graph of the results, thank you sir:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-34205-...#pid695899

I wanna take this in a new direction now.

Let's assume you're now fluent in the 5 languages you selected.

If you could instantly learn some completely random ones (again, like The Matrix), not based on practical value (i.e. business or # of speakers), but purely for curiosity, culture, scholarly study, or even just liking the way it sounds, which ones would you pick?

For example, I like the sounds of Welsh, and the history of the area is interesting to me:

I would most likely also want to learn an aboriginal language like Inuktitut (spoken by the Inuit people of Canada's far north):

Messages In This Thread