rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

French Foreign Legion

French Foreign Legion

Quote: (05-26-2014 09:02 PM)hwuzhere Wrote:  

Quote: (05-26-2014 08:58 PM)Big Country Wrote:  

Met a guy in Thailand who was in it, told me some pretty crazy stuff about being in Haiti and some of the war torn countries in Africa. If that is your idea of adventure then you should go all in. If not, just stick with school.

I don't know if I'll be satisfied in the States or working that average joe life. I hate the work I do already, and this seems like a perfect way out. I'll just be sacrificing a lot to take part in this opportunity. I can otherwise just live comfortably as an engineer, and work abroad too. I just don't know if I should just choose the comfortable lifestyle where I'll be maintaining the relationships I've made or giving it all up for adventure as well as completely living for myself but not with as much mobility to later go on to live comfortably in places like Scandinavia or Japan where I wouldn't find work in such a profession if join the legion.

Private Military Contractors are on the rise. I could see the legion being a hell of a resume builder for that. And they're in many countries. And yes, you won't be satisfied with the average joe life. If you're questioning it now, it won't get better.

Civilize the mind but make savage the body.

Messages In This Thread