rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tattooed women outnumber tattooed men

Tattooed women outnumber tattooed men

Quote: (05-26-2014 08:27 AM)Spaniard88 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2014 11:17 AM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2014 09:20 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Tattoos on both men and women are major red flags for me.

I wouldn't hire someone with visible tattoos.

and this is why I have worn long sleeves from the interview to at least through my first two performance reviews in past jobs. Once I've established a good rep the short sleeves and tattoos come out!!

You might be shooting yourself in the foot as far as promotion to upper management, depending on your industry. Many people still see tattoos in a negative light, and those people are heavily concentrated in older age brackets and in "conservative" industries like banking/finance. If you're a career-ladder type, I hope your CEO, upper management, and HR are all young and that you don't work in a conservative industry, because otherwise, fairly or not, you're raising all kinds of red flags (example, "this guy doesn't think of the long term consequences of his actions") with those tattoos in many of their minds. If you fall under that category, these folks exert power over your advancement in life, so you'd want to keep hiding them or remove them. If you work in a more "liberal" industry, then this is much less of an issue. Good luck, though.

I work for myself now so its not even on my radar anymore. I work in a 'conservative' field though and separate my business by running a bit of a 'counter culture' on purpose.

People fly virgin airlines and jet blue either because they don't like normal airlines or they think they are too cool for them. Scion and Mini are brands of cars for people who want to buy an average car but feel like they are 'alternative' I'm like a virgin airlines in my industry and I will take the money of people who both need a legitimate alternative and just those who want to be cool.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread