rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

I know I've posted this before on other healthcare related threads.

The Concord Study tracked cancer survival rates in dozens of countries. They found that the US and Canada had much higher cancer survival rates than Western Europe and the rest of the world. The US was slightly higher than Canada overall, and the US advantage in cancer survival increased when looking at only white North Americans. They also controlled for the stage of the cancer at diagnosis so that the US would not get an artificial advantage for all the early diagnosis that happens here.

Healthcare outcomes are great in the US. Health outcomes (life expectancy) are not. The US needs a better system to keep down costs but anyone who tells you we need a single-payer or universal coverage system to improve healthcare outcomes is either ignorant, stupid or a liar.

Quote: (05-23-2014 10:11 PM)Sawyer Wrote:  

I'd say the bigger elephant in the room is undocumented workers.

Do you mean undocumented workers are the elephant in the room with respect to healthcare? How so?

Undocumented workers tend to be younger and have less health problems. Even if they do end up getting government to pay for their care, it's a relatively small expense compared to older native-born Americans on Medicare.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Messages In This Thread