rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

Are you for or against Obamacare, and why?

Honestly I wouldn't even care if the system is privatized or government run. I'm not ideological about this. All I actually care about in the end is that healthcare is affordable, widely available, effective and fiscally sustainable. If we can meet all four of those criteria, I'd be just fine with a 100% private system. I think Singapore is doing an excellent job at this and we may be able to learn something from them. Switzerland has the closest thing to the Obamacare system and it is successful.

http://nation.time.com/2012/08/16/health...-loves-it/

What we do in this country is not working. My main criticism isn't the ACA per se, it's that we haven't seen enough reform. How can we spend 17.6% percent of GDP on healthcare while France(top healthcare system in the world) spends 11.6% and get covered from cradle to grave. It happens because Big Pharma and insurance companies pull the strings in this country with their tremendous lobbying power. Power that they don't have in other countries.

Messages In This Thread