rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

America’s Fastest-Growing Class Of Millionaires? Public Employees.

America’s Fastest-Growing Class Of Millionaires? Public Employees.

Quote: (05-23-2014 01:20 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2014 12:26 AM)lurker Wrote:  

Make the generations responsible for the shortfall take the haircut in pension payment. You have a vested pension, but you consistently voted for a local or state tax level sufficient to fund 67% of it? You get 67% of your pension. Problem solved. While we're on the subject, pensions are capped at a fraction of ending base salary, no overtime pumping allowed. This is retroactive to current pensions. Otherwise, let the localities dump them in Chapter 9.

Hey, you're welcome to try it. Lots of ex-cops collecting pensions, plus tons of teachers.

It's a democracy, sort of. Just get your 27 year-old self up on a soapbox or run for office on cutting all our pensions, despite the fact they were guaranteed in legal contracts. Also, we're not ASKING for the money, we already have it in our pension fund. You have to come get it.

I'm sure you'll go far.

Just to help you target our money, here's the current total of what you want to get your hands on.

While we're at it, how about refunding part of the salary YOU'VE earned. I've decided you weren't entitled to it, because of how you voted-- and I want it back retroactively. Problem solved.

I'm 31. You have no idea how I voted. And you don' t already have it in your pension fund. If you did, they wouldn't be underfunded in the first place and the problem wouldn't exist. For what it's worth, voting yourselves pension coverage that exceeds the tax burden you're willing to pay for it is an odd concept of "earned." Strikes me as more rent-seeking. But Boomers gonna boom.

Of course my idea is politically untenable - the cops, firefighters, and teachers see to that. Just do my generation a favor and try to pause your locust vampirism to leave us at least a few crumbs for our inherited deficit and rampant student debt.

Messages In This Thread