rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Noir

Quote: (05-14-2014 11:58 AM)Mormon Nailer Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2014 11:51 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2014 11:40 AM)Mormon Nailer Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2014 11:36 AM)weambulance Wrote:  

Quote: (05-14-2014 09:37 AM)soup Wrote:  

Picture a place like NYC, where every wannabe thug, every woman with a chip on her shoulder, every nervous, anxious, drunk, jealous, mentally unstable etc. person in the city owns a gun.

It's bad enough with the cops having guns shooting up people on a whim because they are so high-strung.

People who promote the gun as a silver bullet (no pun intended) cure for societies ills are shooting in the dark (again no pun intended).

[Image: discussionclosed.gif]

So what you're saying is laws stop people who break laws from breaking laws?

I've been doing this whole gun debate thing for over a decade now and you're just trotting out the same old points I've been hearing from day one. You're presenting an emotional argument, not a factual one. Blood in the streets! Wild wild west! It's the same old song and dance every freaking time another state loosens its gun control laws and the predictions haven't come true yet.

I don't need to picture a place like NYC with guns, because I've lived in plenty of places that were chock full of guns. All of Alaska, for example. All those guns, extremely permissive carry laws, shitty weather, heavy drinking culture, and gee somehow we manage not to kill each other. Almost all violent crime in AK takes place in bush villages. Whereas in a medium city like Rochester, NY where I grew up, the murder and violent crime rate is through the fucking roof despite very restrictive gun laws and virtually zero legal carry.

Violent crime is prevalent in different regions for cultural reasons, as well as a legal environment that disarms regular people. You think a professional criminal gives a shit about breaking a weapons law? Big whoop, add a year or two to his sentence if he gets caught. On the other hand you have the other 999 people out of 1000 whose lives will be destroyed if they're caught carrying illegally, so they have the choice of risking a felony conviction for a victimless crime or possibly being killed or maimed by a mugger. Unsurprisingly most people choose option B, and they're the ones who end up getting murdered by crazy people because their defenseless was mandated by control freaks.

Facts and solutions sure are hard to come by from the libs on this issue.

You seem to want a simplistic solution. Good luck with that.

You've offered none. No complex solutions, no simple solutions. Nothing. Anything suggested you dismissed right away.

ah, you newer guys on the forum must not have argued with Soup before...check out some of the religion threads if you'd like to see how this goes.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread