rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Colombia or SEA best for my first trip?

Is Colombia or SEA best for my first trip?

Quote: (05-11-2014 09:55 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Babylon you will get a lot of young girls and the hostel crowd girls. But the only part is western like is along the narrow and it ain't always packed w girls. Paying a steep cover (for colombian standards) the bang for your buck ain't there IMHO.

I have been living in medellin since July. It's not a cake walk.

tomtud, here's one place that paid off for me in Medellin where virtually no gringos go (daygame spot): the Mayorista market, go early, like between 9 am and 1 pm, take the Metro to the Ayura station, turn left at the top of the stairs, and just walk straight for about 5 minutes, it will be on your left. It's a massive farmer's market with about 4 major supermarkets within. So you can shop really cheap for your groceries, and there are probably 50-80 salesgirls peddling Nestle or Aquafresh or whatever in the supermarket aisles, plus the cashiers, stall girls, etc, just tons of girls working there. It's also the cheapest place for everything from liquor to disposable cups to veggies, as far as I could find in Medellin, just walk around all the little stores and look, and of course there are taxis if you get loaded down with groceries. It's kind of a sketchy whore area at night but is perfectly safe during daylight hours. It opens super early, like 5 am or something, so a lot of places start shutting down immediately after lunch. Just don't get this confused with the Minorista market near parque berrio, which is probably somewhere you shouldn't walk around even during the day.

Messages In This Thread