rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama Has Been a Disaster for American Foreign Policy and Ukraine is Proof

Obama Has Been a Disaster for American Foreign Policy and Ukraine is Proof

Quote: (05-03-2014 06:34 PM)Orion Wrote:  

Quote: (05-03-2014 06:02 PM)jimukr104 Wrote:  

Technically most of Ukraine wasn't EURO either.But that's another story. Better question why the fuck would the average EU national want those uncivilized barbarians in their union?
Once they get in they will get visa free travel to USA...bring their Molotov cocktails with them as well?

Wow wow, hold on. No need to label any nation as uncivilized barbarians. There might be Ukrainians here too. Those labels are very dangerous to use, and anger those who they are directed at.

Believe me i felt it on my own skin, my nation was once labelled as uncivilized barbarians and entire world raced each other who will drop more bombs on us, and who will contribute more to expansion of "democracy and human rights".

Quote:Quote:

BTW Russia will never be considered West all though they can westernize until they start acting western.Its a Eurasian country.

Romania isn't west either. But it's an European nation. And that's the whole point.

Quote:Quote:

I also believe the term West as the state dept uses it includes South Korea and Japan. I think any country that has become a US client state with democracy and other institutions is considered Western today. I don't buy the whole white race crap simply because most of the west isn't solely or even majority wise white now or in the future.

It's not race crap, it's cultural crap. Japanese culture was always so resilient that they even got to keep the Emperor. NATO is not a democracy club, or money club. It's European's club. Why did Albania join, a nation of muslim majority, and Japan did not, or Philippines ? Figure it out. It's a western cultural block. And it sees Russia as European state gone rogue, which needs to be integrated back, under one common policy, of course, which is nowadays liberalism.
1.The nuts going around beating people with chains are barbarians.Besides from a Euro mentality they are barbarians (Russia also) due to mongol invasion. This is how many in Lviv even see Russians btw.They always mention the Mongols lol.
Btw my wife is Ukrainian..doesn't stop my brother from calling her a savage .In fact I have done so a few times....isn't non feminists great? lol
We also have many savages here in NYC(usa) but we don't have a choice((
2.Romania is now considered the west. Like I said its a club one can join regardless of geography when it gets certain reforms,etc implemented.But in Russia's view the West is the countries that side with the USA on most accounts.
3. Britain had/has a queen. Does that mean they aren't part of the West?
4. NATO was a military alliance to defend against USSR expansion in Europe. So why would they invite other countries including Japan? It consisted of the countries that mostly were vulnerable to tanks rolling in.Also it still up to a country to join..example Finland didn't. It also was a way to keep US (canada) in Europe.Now NATO has become the economic serving military might of EU but that is more its post cold war functioning..one that Russia opposes.

I understand many of your points but I think they get complicated in trying to make more of it than it really is.
Again..power and money go hand in hand and that's all it is about.Do as we say,do and align your politics and market with ours and we will consider you part of the West. It is nothing more or less.Russia can become part of the west when it does so..regardless that 90% of the population won't be westernized. It has to do with gov't,power, control regardless of what the leaders want,say or do.
Example is the Eastern EU countries. They are considered part of the west but if you go into the population centers you will see, especially in the smaller cities, that the avg. Joe is closer to Russian mentality than so called Western.
But come to think about it visit Redneck boonies in America and Canada and you will see the locals aren't exactly what the world considers western. But as long as the gov't is..the country is considered so.

I guess it is like when a women becomes bitchy, fat, demanding entitled one can say she is Americanized regardless if she is actually American or Not. Most who experience it, even abroad, will understand!

Messages In This Thread