rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Working at a Bar

Working at a Bar

So, right now, I'm in grad school and will be for another ~8 to 12 months. Prior to this, I was a geologist at a gold mine. I've never worked in any sort of service industry job before. In highschool, I found jobs doing labour. In college, I worked up north in the summer.

I'm done all my classes now and have a pretty relaxed research schedule this summer. I've been thinking about getting a job at a bar. I only want to work 2 or 3 nights a week; mostly just for fun and to meet new people.

How would you recommend that I go about finding work? I don't really want to be a server or a bus boy. I'd like to work as a bartender; though, I'm sure that's something you don't just walk right into.

Is it even something worth doing? I don't really need the money; although, a little extra never hurts. I just think it would be fun as it's something completely foreign to me.

Messages In This Thread