rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A man's first suit

A man's first suit

For me, it's all custom, all the way. I've got a guy who I know who specializes in them, and isn't too expensive. If you're going to be an accountant you're going to need to wear suits all the goddamn time. If your body type fits something off the rack perfectly, power to you, but if you're not exactly the right fit, I find I get a better quality suit with a much better fit for $900 when I go custom than I would buying something off the rack at Nordstroms for $500 and spending $50-$100 getting it tailored. Much better quality, much better fit, and if I'm going to wear it 5 days a week 50 weeks a year it's not something I cheap out on. I know, $900 is a lot more than you would drop at Men's Warehouse but trust me, the fit is worth it, especially if your body dimensions are different from a mannequin's.

If you do go for an off the rack+tailor job, make SURE your suit fits you in the shoulders. I don't care if it's the cheapest POS in the store, if its the only one that fits you in the shoulders, you will be able to get it tailored to look better on you than a $4,000 Gucci suit that doesn't fit you right in the shoulders. Just about everything else can be changed except for the shoulders.

Messages In This Thread