rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Save Money When It Comes To Eating Meat

How To Save Money When It Comes To Eating Meat

Quote: (04-28-2014 04:11 PM)Basil Ransom Wrote:  

I didn't quite ruin it, it just wasn't rare like it should be. I have a shitty meat thermometer and meat always seems to climb higher in temperature way more quickly later rather than earlier, eg from 120 to 130 vs 110 to 120. Maybe I needed to stab the meat and really dig the spices in, but the rosemary garlic butter mix I used never much penetrated past the skin. The toasted crunchy skin tasted great.

When roasting a leg of lamb, season and marinate it the night before. I would cut some small slits in the meat and insert whole cloves of garlic, coarsely chop some rosemary and thyme and rub the herbs all over the leg, and then season generously with salt and pepper. Let it sit overnight in a large ziplock bag or other covered container. The next day let it sit out room temperature for an hour and then roast it at 400 degrees, rotating the pan every 20 minutes or so. Make sure you have an accurate digital thermometer and pull it with the temperature reaches 120 at the bone. Use the leftover for cold roast lamb sandwiches...nice country loaf with thinly sliced lamb, some roasted peppers, arugula...

I can get you those lamb shoulder steaks for about $3/lb btw

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Messages In This Thread