rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Save Money When It Comes To Eating Meat

How To Save Money When It Comes To Eating Meat

Frenchie, yeah that's a good long term idea. I've got to find a good source. There's a Mexican butcher near me but the shop looks pretty dicey, Mexican carnicerias seem a little lax on quality and hygiene, plus there's often a gringo tax. My part of town is full of white people eating bean sprouts and mimosa brunches, if you want exotic fare you have to pay exorbitant amounts here (eg Santa Monica Fish Market - the people who patronized that shop when it first opened decades ago could hardly afford to shop there now).

Tony, thedude is a professional chef who's an expert in super high end Italian and French cuisine with the Michelin starred experience to prove it. He looks pretty Northern European though, so take his suggestions at your own risk [Image: wink.gif]

DVY, cool. I hear Oo-kook and U2 are the best AYCE for quality, cost a little more.

Lamb shoulder chops is my favorite cut of meat now. Fatty and flavorful, and you can cook it on the stove. Recipes recommend marinading it but it tasted good enough to me just seasoned and fried. This market near me was selling Kiwi pastured lamb for $5 a lb but the sale ended and I'm out. It freezes well too (in parchment paper + ziploc). It also has a little marrow in the o bone that runs through it. Lamb shoulder is typically half to a third of what lamb chops cost. I was cooking lamb boneless leg roast from Costco, but it's easy to overcook, and takes longer because you cook 4-5 lbs at a time in the oven. Plus you don't taste the seasonings as much once you get past the skin, or at least the way I was cooking it. I still love beef but damn lamb is amazing.

Messages In This Thread