rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New York City vs. Miami - Which is the better summer option?

New York City vs. Miami - Which is the better summer option?

New York can be dead in the summer, at least on weekends. White people and other try-hard young professionals try to get away on weekends - which means Thursday night/Friday morning until Sunday evening. They party in shit clubs in the Hamptons or in New Jersey. Immigrants and people like me are left behind.

A lot of companies operate on summer hours - work extra Monday to Thursday, and take Friday off (while remaining connected by email).

New York is kind of lonely in the summer, in a way. Weird, isn't that - you'd think the most diverse, happening (in some ways), beautiful city in the U.S. would be bumping on a Saturday night in July. I'm often twiddling my thumbs at work and elsewhere.

Students give up their apartment leases in July and August so the apartment selection is greatest, but so is the competition - students and summer workers are moving in, after all. So you can find the best places in the summer, but you'll face the highest prices. The best time to find a good deal on an apartment in New York City is October 23 to October 30. Or November - the students have found a place, and no one wants to move when it's cold.

In New York in the summertime, the subways are a festering cesspool of piss, poverty, and panhandlers. The beaches are absolute rubbish - the parks are quite nice (parks act as our beaches in the summertime) but there's no alcohol allowed. It's fucking whack. The police generally don't bother you if you drink alcohol in a low-key manner, but the feeling of trying not to get caught sours the mood.

Every American should live for a year in New York City.

Messages In This Thread