rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dude returns to America from Russia

Dude returns to America from Russia

Quote: (04-16-2014 01:54 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

I lived there for two years, back in US now. He's definitely right about the fat difference and the height difference, the heels, and the ratios (though late at night they aren't that good in the clubs).

In terms of other things, I think he glosses over how crappy Russian food is, how cold it gets, how racist the people are - would love to hear him talk about getting into clubs as a non white person. Nationalism and skinhead movement are getting stronger and stronger. Also how unhappy and unfriendly the people are. Yeah, maybe a short trip isn't enough time to see the downsides of a country.

Please expand on the 'skinhead movement getting stronger and stronger.' Seems like just more western scare tactics than anything else. I did 5 years in Moscow and didn't see any skinheads there - like ever.

Quote: (04-16-2014 03:25 PM)Cunnilinguist Wrote:  

Regarding racism in Russia, id like to make a small but subtle distinction in what is usually proclaimed about the situation in Russia regarding xenophobia and such: Russians arent so much racist as they are race-aware. That is, if youre a black guy walking along the streets of Moscow, youre not gonna get beaten in with a baseball bat. But you might receive apprehensive looks and glances here and there. This is because Russians have an excellent race-radar[Image: lol.gif] so to speak. They are acutely aware of who is ethnically Russian and who isnt. It's a little difficult to explain as it is sort of built into the culture and Im definitely not saying real racism doesnt exist in Russia. Hope this isnt construed as apologetics or something.

The reason for this is that increasingly you have to be very careful of the new arrivals from certain areas - Chechnya, the 'stans, etc. - who have tended to prey more and more on the locals in recent years. I heard so many real stories, several first hand, when I was there. It's still safer than the big Western cities though IMO.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Messages In This Thread