rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Stopped Reading the News, And Why You Should Too

I Stopped Reading the News, And Why You Should Too

I limit my news to 10 minutes a day. That is more than enough time to be fully informed of current events. I read the headlines on Google News. I don't watch television news which tends to sensationalize in order to bring in viewers. Most of the news is not for your benefit but for the benefit of the messenger - 1) news is sensationalized to bring in eyeballs for advertisers, or 2) news source has an agenda, e.g. global warming scare stories. You can be informed about current events in a very short period of time without being sucked into a time hole. Think of the hundreds of hours some people spent speculating about what would happen in the Zimmerman trial, when you can now be informed about the whole affair in less than 3 minutes, or better yet read nothing about a useless story. Or what about Flight 370 which has now become a time suck of useless speculation. But, the worst part isn't the lost time, but that the media likes to make you angry, because anger creates interest and more captivated eyeballs. However, anger is not good for your health. No news is good news.

Rico... Sauve....

Messages In This Thread