rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I Stopped Reading the News, And Why You Should Too

I Stopped Reading the News, And Why You Should Too

Quote: (04-02-2014 07:34 AM)void Wrote:  

I organize my news with a rss-reader that automatically updates all feeds. At some point I had over 100 new headlines to check daily and it took at least half an hour. Reading the headlines often is enough, no need to read the articles.
Then I decided to cut out all mayor mainstream news from my feeds, because they often release the same news. Copying and modifying standard press releases. Now I only have some Niche feeds I wouldn't hear anything about, if I wouldn't read the stuff myself. I now invest less than 5 minutes a day.

I used to be a News Junkie and realized much what others have said, it was of no benefit to me and just added more stress to my life. Knowing a bus went off a bridge in India or Pork bellies crashed in trading added nothing positive to my life. I yanked my Cable TV in July 2011 and haven't watched or listened to anything other than my local news or weather report since then. As far as I'm concerned this 24/7 newsfeed is just another way of distracting us from what's really going on.

Messages In This Thread