rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Laureles/Estadio Area of Medellin

Laureles was richer than El Poblado 20 years ago, before a huge crime wave made all their rich inhabitants run away to Poblado and over the hills.

There are a few things around there, but very scattered. I think it's cool you go off the beaten path but this area is a serious headache when I lived there. This is the south part of my teenage-years neighborhood. Let me explain:

- Avoid the whole area when it's Nacional vs Medellin. The riot cops are usually involved. If you do, don't wear green, white, red or blue. Any of the sides will take out frustration on you.
- Avoid all Estadio after 10pm. Nothing goes on there anyways and gets full of low lives.
- West, in direction to the river, is Carlos E. Carlos E is a "tolerance area" and university students can't avoid it, so it's a known crime-ridden area. Don't go alone or without somebody who knows the deal.
- East is fine, but just residential. It's called Calasanz, and not very exciting. Don't go past Calasanz, because that is full ghetto right after, the infamous 13th. This is my old neighborhood and we were the buffer between the heavily armed gangs of the 13th and the common people and the 4th brigade area. There is a university for stupid people called Luis Amigo and has bars up front, one of the few nightlife areas.
- North, opposite to the river, you can find 4th Brigade Headquarters and La Iguana. The soldiers don't give a damn and the Iguana is one of the oldest and most hated ghettos of Medellin.
- Across the small smelly creak is Old Laureles. From Suramericana station, a short street goes all the way to UPB and it's the only party in the area. The neighborhood is not really safe either, tho, so keep your head up. There is a good reason a lot of people have sold most of the 80-year old houses in order to flee to more peaceful places.

In my opinion, stay there if you wish but party somewhere else. It's just a mid-class neighborhood where people go to sleep.

Messages In This Thread