rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling while suited up

Traveling while suited up

Quote: (03-31-2014 10:03 AM)j r Wrote:  

Do you guys really find wearing a suit uncomfortable? It's just pants a button down short and a jacket. There's no reason that any of those things should feel confining or uncomfortable. If they do, you may want to get to a tailor.

Also, suits are great for traveling because you can layer up or down depending on the temperature wherever you happen to be at any given moment: outside, in the terminal, on the plane. If I'm going from a cold place to a warm place, I'll throw on a sweater as a suit coat to get me to the airport without having to bring a coat that I won't need on the trip.

I agree. I think it's more that people feel "psychologically" uncomfortable in suits, rather than physically uncomfortable. They're just not used to wearing them. A really good fitting suit is about the closest you can come to feeling naked in public and not being arrested. A decent fitting suit feels the exact opposite of uncomfortable.

I think the OP answered his own question when he observed that most people dress like slobs when travelling. You want to stand out in a good way - so dress up. Maybe 30 years ago you could gain some cache by appearing to be casual. But then more people were dressed formally. Today the pendulum has swung so far in the opposite direction, with everyone from Bill Gates (earlier years) and Mark Zuckerberg looking completely ridiculous in their faux "man of the people" attire that this will only harm you now. When everyone and his brother is dressing down, pretending to be relaxed, it's time for you to dress up. It's a ridiculously easy way for you to DHV. It's the equivalent of the slim girl in a world of fatties. It's just too easy.

Messages In This Thread