rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US visa

US visa

Quote: (06-25-2011 08:10 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (06-25-2011 07:36 PM)Sonny Forelli Wrote:  

I really wanted to do a cross-country trip of the US this year but my application for a tourist visa was rejected. I'm not sure what to do next. I've heard that reapplying too soon is not a good idea.

Is applying for a student visa to get a pilot's license/flight school a surefire method to get a visa?

What passport do you have? If a tourist Visa was recently denied, then re-applying too soon for the same Tourist Visa would likely yield the same results.

My advice, and I am not an immigration attorney mind you, but from what I have seen is that applying for a student Visa is much easier than a tourist Visa.

Get in touch with a local immigration attorney that can help you. I think they are worth the expense, especially if you have already been denied.

My .02

Mixx

Indian passport... and the thing is I don't really want to fork over 40 thousand dollars for flight school now if there's an easier way. I just want to visit places.

Also, my academic record is a bit "unique". I have 2 diplomas, which is what I mentioned in the tourist visa application last time, which is true, but as far as the formal education system goes- I dropped out in 9th grade (did not mention this). And I believe most flight schools need at least grade 12 qualifications. Such certificate can be "arranged" in India nevertheless, but there are a lot of open-ended questions.

I think I'll contact Murthy.com or Y-axis, though the latter seem to only fill out forms and render clerical services.

Nothing happens until a sale is made.

Messages In This Thread