rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Planet Fitness tells woman to hide her toned and 'intimidating' body

Planet Fitness tells woman to hide her toned and 'intimidating' body

I've been going to a Planet Fitness in brooklyn simply for monetary reasons for about three months, and believe it or not it manages to defy the stereotypes for the most part. I'd say a good 60% of the members are well muscled latino men in tank tops working out hard. I doubt a single one of them is aware of the gym's fat-accepting, muscle-shaming policies. They are just working class men who know that it's the cheapest gym in town.

I'd say only about 10% tops are overweight, but then again it is nyc which has for the most part avoided the obesity plague. The lunk alarm does go off from time to time, but I think that is because it is just calibrated to go off when the floor vibrates enough from weight dropping. The few times it has gone off when I've been there it has been promptly switched off.

The gym still sucks though. They don't have a proper bench for bench presses or a squat rack--only smith machines. And the barbells only go up to like, 60 pounds.

In sum -- don't go to planet fitness. but, if you must, go in a poorer neighborhood where jacked guys just want to work out for cheap, and you probably won't have to deal with any of the nonsense.

Messages In This Thread