rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are western countries nuts?

Are western countries nuts?

Quote: (03-18-2014 05:38 PM)tomtud Wrote:  

Firstly, it's not a complaint against refugees nor immigration. It's about bringing refugees over 100 years old who will not add value to your society but the tax payer will have to pay for it. I don't want to have to wait hours in a hospital nor do I want my taxes higher. I knew some would give me flack or call me ignorant I don't care. It's reality. Yes canada or Germany needs immigrants/refugees coming in but they Don't need unproductive ones, who won't pay taxes, but just use the social services.

Controlled immigration with an emphasis on skills and capability to produce and create is what I think is a sound immigration policy. Reuniting senior family members not economically feasible. I wonder what the health care insurance costs / premiums would be if this was in the USA.
As for Toronto public housing........this is what is wrong with the system. The tax payer should not have to pay for other people's housing. Immigrant or not. Go work in the oil sands or elsewhere if there are no jobs in Toronto.

Less social handouts like this the better.

Toronto would collapse without the bottom level of cheap labour that immigrants provide.

Why is housing so expensive?

Well first the Canadian government provided subsidies to CANADIANS to become homeowners. This artificially propped up the market and escalated prices.

Next, the Ontario Government basically put a ban (made it difficult and not cost worthy) for developers and landlords to build large apartment complexes which made it cost viable to make a large number of units which could be rented out cheaper and thus more affordably. This was done as another means to help protect the CANADIAN housing market.

We are the ones getting the handouts not the immigrants. So let us give back are goodies. Good luck trying to sell that politically though.

Messages In This Thread