rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Have Friends Or Acquantances?

Do You Have Friends Or Acquantances?

Quote: (03-12-2014 02:31 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I am 32. I am good friends with my two brothers (who I often see). And I have a best friend I only see about 4 times a year.

To me that is perfect. I have other good friends - but I no longer care if I see them again. I have moved on - I am just too busy trying to get shit done. It is great when I see them - but I don't really care either way.

I just find that after shooting the breeze with my brothers, parents, my best friend and the ton of people I know at work - I would rather concentrate on other stuff. I have alot of different stuff to do - day by day.

Still - if Teedub ever wants to be my new best friend I will certainly reconsider the above! :-)

This is an interesting thread, I have a few 'friends' and alot of other people I know/acquaintances. I confused what a friend was until I started working for myself. I have some really cool clients that I like talking to and we shoot the shit, but do I think I can rely on them or ask them to help me move? no. They are just people I get along with, I formerly classified people like this outside of my work environment as friends.

Those people that are my friends, i can call them up after not talking for two or three years and its like no time has passed. One of the two greatest tests/friend filters is moving away from your home town/region/country and turning off social media. How many people think "Man, Dr. Howard, I wonder how he's doing?" and drop and email or phone call. Not many, but the ones that do, you know you are in their conscious, they don't need reminders to remember who you are.

That being said, I love having a few close friends and family. Situational friendships like Nemencine wrote about suit me much better, especially when they are beneficial and well intentioned for both parties but with no long term expectations/hurt feelings if you drift apart.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Messages In This Thread