rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Help a Med Student Decide Which US party city (Vegas, Miami, etc) to set up shop in

Help a Med Student Decide Which US party city (Vegas, Miami, etc) to set up shop in

Quote: (03-12-2014 03:13 AM)Vicious Wrote:  

I'm no expert on any of these areas but I've visited all and here's the view from someone on the outside:

Miami/Fort Lauderdale
2/3 of all inhabitants speak Spanish as a first language. While the quantity of white girls might still be there the percentages are not. Go here if you have a strong desire for Latinas. But for the white girls you'll be fighting tooth and nail with every other guy.

Las Vegas
Too much of a transient populace to properly leverage the MD angle.

Texas
Them folks are traditional. Which means your occupation will immediately put you among the upper layers of their society. My least favorite place of the options in general but probably the best considering your situation.

Thanks for the feedback. What about Tampa? Plenty of hot white girls from what I hear and near some beautiful beaches. Also a conservative more old fashioned place, more like Texas??

I'm actually from Houston myself but hot white girls are in VERY SHORT SUPPLY given the fact we are a metro area city of 6 million people. Maybe Dallas is what I need.

Vegas is very transient, which yeah might get old after a while.

Quote:Quote:

As a doctor, all the faces become a blur eventually and it becomes hard to recognise patients, especially those that you've only seen once or twice in an ER. It's quiet awkward being in a situation where you find yourself accidentally hitting on one of your former patients. In some places that might lead to a complaint to your professional board leading to a disciplinary hearing, in other words, a shitting-where-you-eat situation.
A transient population may be a good thing in light of this. It's something to consider, at least.

I have a good memory, I'm not worried [Image: smile.gif]

Quote:Quote:

If you like the white girls, I'd say Austin.

Miami has variety, but when you live there, it's pretty much 85% Latinas. Just know that going in. Especially if you're not in South Beach.

I've heard Austin is dope too. That would be my pick taking your preferences into consideration.

Austin is great but the job market in my field pays a lot less there than Dallas. As an ER physician, I can earn, starting, over $400k/yr plus benefits in Dallas or Houston (highest paying markets in the country right now). In Austin, it would be around $275-300k, still good money but is Austin worth the 100k pay cut? Austin can't be that much better than Dallas in the hot white girl department.

Messages In This Thread