rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Atheist Group Forces Mother To Remove Roadside Cross For Deceased Son

Atheist Group Forces Mother To Remove Roadside Cross For Deceased Son

In my once Christian country of Latvia we have a lot of crosses in roadsides in rural areas. They are cultural landmarks. People erected crosses in road sides long before cars started moving across on these roads. Some crosses are centuries old, some others are quite new and have been erected a few years ago, some are wrecks and some are well maintained and some still have local old ladies bringing flowers to these crosses. Some of these crosses even come with a small fence and a bench to sit. Travelers used to stop by them and pray. Pilgrims going to our catholic Holy site of Aglona where they believe Mary has performed miracles, still stop by these crosses to pray.

I am no longer fallowing a prescribed religion since my revelation that all contemporary religions are corrupted by feminine imperative, but I find it nice to drive past these crosses and to do what is called "momento mori" to remember in the rush that you will die once and therefore you must live your life consciously.

I find crosses at roadsides a beautiful tradition. If crosses that remind us of our limited time are removed, but advertisements that remind us to buy and consume and spend recklessly like there is no tomorrow are erected more and more, then what does it says about us and the message that is delivered to us? Where are we going?

I don't believe not for a second that a human can have no God, whether he is aware of it or not. If your God is not on the cross then chances are that he is on that McDonalds advertisement on the same roadside. Or on that shiny BMW advertisement. We have many gods today to choose from but they all want us to forget about our mortality and that we have an obligation before death to truly live, not merely consume. You see this is a religious war as it has always been.

Messages In This Thread